Community Forum and Training—Detroit’s Housing Crisis
The Detroit Housing Trust Fund Coalition (DHTFC) would like to invite you to an interactive learning session on Wednesday, June 14th from 5:30pm-8:00pm.
We will be joined by our ally, national expert Michael Anderson from the Housing Trust Fund Project, who will co-facilitate.
Dinner will be provided and we will spend the evening learning from one another and growing together in our understanding of Detroit’s housing crisis, how it is impacting us and our communities, and what we can do about it.
The meeting is open to endorsers of the DHTFC’s housing trust fund ordinance and allies committed to solving Detroit’s affordable housing crisis and in a way that prioritizes existing residents and especially low-income residents.
We will use this opportunity to:
- Asses the State of Housing in Detroit—Share with one another what we are seeing and experiencing around housing, then report out
- Update the community about the work of the Housing Trust Fund coalition and our next steps
- Solicit feedback from participants about needs and visions related to housing and housing funding
- Train participants in effectively communicating key talking points to local organizations, your clients or customers, community members, and representatives to advocate for affordable housing
- Focus on Solutions
- Take next steps, together, and invite allies to join the coalition
Please contact Aaron at homesforall@detroitpeoples